I never have understood the obsession with moving the parens in Lisp to the
same place they are in C-like languages. I'm not typing any less, and it
certainly undermines the code = data (i.e. lisp lists / function calls)
homoiconic representation. Is it "clearer"? Maybe to someone unaccustomed to
Lisp, but it's a very superficial thing- you get used to it (and these days I
screw up interpreting/writing my C-lang code bc/ I'm used to Lisp).

Regarding infix vs. postfix, it doesn't take a Lisper long to appreciate the
advantages of prefix notation, e.g. (+ 1 8 9 3) vs 1 + 8 + 9 + 3.

There is a (arguably, at least) Lisp out there with hardly any parens- Haskell.
:D