+100 :)

I write code because I have to. If my job doesn't have me doing much
programming, I spin up OSS projects in my spare time. When my job has
me doing hardcore programming all the time, my urges are satisfied and
my OSS projects don't get as much love. If my wife's away for the
weekend, to fill the emptiness, I write code.

My wife has several friends who are writers and artists and they all
say the same thing: they write (or paint / draw) not because they want
to, but because they have to - they're driven by some overwhelming
need or desire.

Like Tim tho', I know a lot of "programmers" who are not like that.
For them, it's a job. When they go home, they don't think about it,
they don't read technical books for "fun", they don't write OSS. I'm
just glad people are willing to pay me for something I'd have to do
anyway to stay sane...

Sean

Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."