Nelson Morris writes:

> What helps is direct involvement by someone else.

I'll definitely echo this. People are more important than programs.

If I'm writing code that I'm going to be the only one using, maybe it'll
hold my interest for a few hours. But even in the best cases it's
usually only motivated by extreme annoyance, which is not sustainable.

Code that matters is code that's used by other people. For me personally
the ability to share my code with others is the thing that makes
programming worth doing in the first place.

-Phil