I'd like to mention that expectations* has 0 open pull requests, 0 open
issues, and is very actively maintained**. Steven, I don't want to
discourage you from creating your own testing framework, I think everyone
should, it's a very educational experience.

I just wanted to be clear that no one has ever asked me for any help
extending expectations, and anyone who chooses to use expectations should
feel free to contact me with any suggestions.

* https://github.com/jaycfields/expectations
** https://github.com/jaycfields/expectations/commits/master