'jumping to a symbol's definition (and back again)?  Those didn't seem to
be there last time, and I'd struggle to live without them on a project of
any size.'

Besides paredit, this is absolutely the most important feature for me
day-to-day.  Nothing will replace emacs unless it has that.  The emacs one
follows a stack-discipline, which is brilliant, and can even follow into
dependency jars.