On Jul 25, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I started doing Clojure, I used TextMate so it was an obvious
> choice to try Sublime Text 2. I tried it on Mac, Windows, and Linux
> and it drove me insane with its quirks, bugs, inconsistencies across
> platforms and (at the time) very poor REPL integration. I know it's
> gotten better but I just found it clunky and the workflow felt hacked
> together. That said, three of my team love ST2.

As one of the three on the team, I'd like to clarify something regarding my
love for ST2. I used it as my primary editor before really delving into
Clojure, and yes, I thought it was fantastic. Lightweight, but not lacking on
features. Everything that Eclipse, to me, was not.

Since getting into Clojure, I've been using Emacs. I can't really picture using
any other editor/IDE for Clojure development. The learning curve was _much_
smaller than I had initially anticipated (feared, actually). I simply kept a
cheat sheet open on my laptop whilst working on the desktop. Still learning,
and probably will be for a while. But I am able to be productive while
learning, so that's not too much of an issue.

As far as the original question, if it hasn't already been said in the thread…
it depends. I know people who swear by IntelliJ and I know people who swear at
IntelliJ. The same can be said for any IDE/editor. Asking if one is "good" is
like asking if a particular flavor of ice cream is good. Which is silly,
because that's highly subjective. Unless you're asking about butter brickle ice
cream. I mean c'mon. Who doesn't like butter brickle ice cream?

--
Charlie Griefer
http://charlie.griefer.com

"Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself."
-- Desiderius Erasmus