On 25 July 2013 21:55, Lee Spector wrote:

> For Sean or anyone who finds Sean's narrative compelling (I do), imagine
> emacs without the learning curve! I say it's possible and I point to the
> long-extinct FRED (Fred Resembles Emacs Deliberately) that was part of
> Macintosh Common Lisp as a proof of principle. I don't have the time or
> chops to develop such a thing, but if anyone here does then this would be a
> way to make the world a better place.

Have you heard of Deuce <https://github.com/hraberg/deuce> by Håkan Råberg?
 He gave a
talk<http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/scala/deuce-is-not-yet-emacs-under-clojure>on
it at Skills Matter London.  It not usable yet, but it looks
promising.

>From the readme:

*Deuce is a re-implementation of Emacs in Clojure.* It's a port of the C
> core and re-compiles existing Emacs Lisp to Clojure. It uses the Lanterna
> library for text UI. The goal is to reach reasonable compatibility with GNU
> Emacs during 2013. The longer term goal is to phase out Emacs Lisp in
> favour for Clojure, to add a Web UI and re-capture Emacs' spirit on a
> contemporary platform.

Andrew