>> On Wed, 07 Aug 2013, Abraham wrote:
>>
>> Any IDE provides the feature found in DrRacket ,that is it auto completes
>> the corresponding
> >
>> [  or  (  .  by pressing ) . Keep on pressing ) in DrRacket will
>> autocomplete the square or round bracket.
>>
>> Clojure IDE feature shld be for completing { , [  , ( ... and so on.
>
> On Wed, 07 Aug 2013, Mark Engelberg wrote:
>
> I don't think there's any IDE that does this out of the box, although I'm
> certain that if you're an elisp hacker, you could easily add this to emacs'
> clojure mode.
>
> I, too, miss that feature from DrRacket.

When using Emacs with paredit: paredit-close-parenthesis (or, in fact, any
of paredit-close-round, paredit-close-square, and paredit-close-curly,
which should be bound to the corresponding keys by default) will jump to
past the closest closing delimiter, whether that closest delimiter is ')',
']', or '}'. This doesn't apply if you're in a string, comment, or
character literal, of course.

If paredit is a hard sell (it was for me, the first three or four times
that I tried it), realizing that you can break the "balance" when needed by
judicious use of kill and yank may be helpful during the transition to a
structural editing mindset.

Paul