All very good points.

One of my assumptions was that people don't use wikis simply because
it's Yet Another Account to sign up for, so this being hosted on
github would be a much lower barrier-to-entry for contributing
examples. But I'm not sure that's a valid assumption for anyone
besides just me.

And I wasn't suggesting that the structure be edited. I was imagining
an unwritten rule where only examples would be edited/added, and the
rest of the structure of each page remain the same. That would make
parsing the wiki partially manageable. But I'm not sure how realistic
that is in practice.

Thanks for your feedback.

-Steven