I have tried it a couple of times and keep reverting back to nrepl. One
of the biggest issues is nrepl-ritz which depends on nrepl and not
nrepl-client. So switching to cider appears to mean ditching ritz.

Name changes always cause a significant amount of distruption. I
understand the rationale but only a short time after the slime/swank
split it's a little unwelcome. Especially as I have code
(https://github.com/phillord/tawny-owl/blob/master/emacs/tawny-mode.el)
that I use daily and which depends on nrepl.

Phil

"John D. Hume" <duelin.mark...@gmail.com> writes:

> The last (non-authoritative) word on cider on this mailing list[1] was that
> it is unstable. Is that really the case? Is it just a matter of many
> packages that depend on it not being updated?
>
> I tried checking the official mailing list[2] and was surprised to find
> that it's private.
>
> I'm trying to understand this because I submitted a recipe to MELPA, and
> they will no longer accept packages that depend on nrepl.el.
>
> Thanks.
> -hume.
>
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/clojure/cider/clojure/JfS7ZzePtA4/ZAPHHn1zS5gJ
> Tim
> Visher: "Also, Cider is _unstable_ at this point. I'm still using nrepl
> 0.2.0 and it's working fine. I would _not_ recommend upgrading to Cider at
> this
> point."
> [2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cider-emacs

Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 222 7827
Lecturer in Bioinformatics,             Email: phillip.l...@newcastle.ac.uk
School of Computing Science,
http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/phillip.lord
Room 914 Claremont Tower,               skype: russet_apples
Newcastle University,                   twitter: phillord
NE1 7RU