At least one company (mine at the time) had a problem with using LGPL
software because of the clause where you explicitly allow reverse
engineering of your product in order to use a different version of the LGPL
library. That's enough to give any corporate lawyer the screaming heebie
jeebies, not to mention the possibility of having to support your product
with users running random versions of some of the libraries you depend on.
A ridiculous prospect? Maybe, but the LGPL very explicitly allows it and
forces acceptance of those terms, so clearly someone is anticipating doing
it.