Although it's definitely difficult to understand, it says "You may convey a
Combined Work under terms of your choice that, taken together, effectively
do not restrict modification of the portions of the Library contained in
the Combined Work and reverse engineering for debugging such
modifications", which sounds to me like you have to let users swap the
library out, and you accept that they may reverse engineer to allow them to
do so.

Section 4 d) (in the LGPL3 <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html>) also
says that, assuming you don't want to distribute any source (option 0) then
you must use a dynamic linking mechanism which uses a library already
present on the user's system (option 1) which rules out a Java app shipping
a library as a jar file with the main application.

Either way, the fine detail is fairly moot since the uncertainty alone is
enough to make most corporations (especially in the US) unwilling to risk
it. If I were running a US corp I'd need to be really, really sure that I
needed that library and that there were no viable alternatives and that I
couldn't reimplement in order to risk it. In my last company no LGPL
library ever made that cut.