To Michael: It is fairly up to date - there have only been a few small
changes to java.jdbc since the last updates to that part of
clojure-doc.org. Now that java.jdbc 0.3.0 has hit beta and has a
stable API for release, I feel more comfortable about updating the
clojure-doc.org pages to include the handful of changes that are
missing. It has been expanded quite a bit from the original version
that was part of the clojure.java.jdbc repo.

I'm a little disappointed that after moving it to clojure-doc.org
specifically to remove the CA barrier to entry, none of java.jdbc's
users have taken the time to provide updates to the documentation
site. The whole point of moving it to clojure-doc.org was to enable
community contribution.

To Andrey: I'm a bit disappointed you didn't offer to contribute to
java.jdbc's documentation since you found it lacking, and that you
didn't raise your concerns about either the documentation or the API
with me, rather than creating your own library based on the old API.
Open source projects improve through collaboration.

That said, there's always room for more libraries and alternative
approaches. I'll be a lot happier with java.jdbc when I'm able to
strip the old API out after it has been deprecated for a few releases
- and I'll point out that the API changes from 0.2.x to 0.3.0 are
primarily in response to feedback from Clojure/core. java.jdbc is in
fairly heavy production use these days so I'm having to be more
conservative about changing it than I would if it were just "my"
project and not a Clojure contrib library :)

Sean

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Michael Klishin
<michael.s.klis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/11/16 Andrey Antukh <n...@niwi.be>
>>

>> - Lack of documentation.
>

> FTR, there is some documentation for java.jdbc, but it certainly
> isn't being actively worked on (despite not being covered by the CA) and may
> already be out of date.
>
> http://clojure-doc.org/articles/ecosystem/java_jdbc/home.html
>
> If you'd like to contribute:
> http://github.com/clojuredocs/guides