Hi Sean.

2013/11/19 Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com>

> To Michael: It is fairly up to date - there have only been a few small
> changes to java.jdbc since the last updates to that part of
> clojure-doc.org. Now that java.jdbc 0.3.0 has hit beta and has a
> stable API for release, I feel more comfortable about updating the
> clojure-doc.org pages to include the handful of changes that are
> missing. It has been expanded quite a bit from the original version
> that was part of the clojure.java.jdbc repo.
>
> I'm a little disappointed that after moving it to clojure-doc.org
> specifically to remove the CA barrier to entry, none of java.jdbc's
> users have taken the time to provide updates to the documentation
> site. The whole point of moving it to clojure-doc.org was to enable
> community contribution.
>
> To Andrey: I'm a bit disappointed you didn't offer to contribute to
> java.jdbc's documentation since you found it lacking, and that you
> didn't raise your concerns about either the documentation or the API
> with me, rather than creating your own library based on the old API.
> Open source projects improve through collaboration.
>
> That said, there's always room for more libraries and alternative
> approaches. I'll be a lot happier with java.jdbc when I'm able to
> strip the old API out after it has been deprecated for a few releases
> - and I'll point out that the API changes from 0.2.x to 0.3.0 are
> primarily in response to feedback from Clojure/core. java.jdbc is in
> fairly heavy production use these days so I'm having to be more
> conservative about changing it than I would if it were just "my"
> project and not a Clojure contrib library :)

I have not  proposed the api changes because java.jdbc 0.3 is ready to be
released and the probability of include a significant change in the near
future, it was very remote.
And I was pretty frustrated with the current implementation.

Also, I did not want start documenting a library that I do not like how it
behaves.

On the other hand, if the situation is different, I would love to
collaborate and join forces in a single library.

About license question: if these functions had not copied, but written from
scratch, them would be the same functions with minimal differences or
none...

You're totally right in that would be nice to put in the documentation that
is based in parts of clojure.java.jdbc and I will gladly put it.

;)
Andrey

--
Andrey Antukh - Андрей Антух - <n...@niwi.be>
http://www.niwi.be/about.html

"Linux is for people who hate Windows, BSD is for people who love UNIX"
"Social Engineer -> Because there is no patch for human stupidity"