Hi Zach!

It is not based on any concrete version (is not a fork). Casually, it
has similarities with java.jdbc 0.2.x because uses same name for some
functions
(in my opinion 0.2 version has better api than 0.3). Additionally I have
copied some useful functions like parsing dbspec to URI or a map of
protocol->cases
and the rest are written from scratch.

Furthermore, a new version of java.jdbc (0.3.x), introduces a lot of
complexity to code in comparison to 0.2 and base it on the new version
would be a mistake.
In any case, as I said previously, clj.jdbc is not based in any concrete
version of java.jdbc.

You can read more about it on faq section of clj.jdbc
http://cljjdbc.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq.html#why-one-other-jdbc-wrapper
that
explains a main differences
with a current version of java.jdbc (0.3)

In respect to jdk7, personally I don't know if clj.jdbc works with jdk6
because I only working with jdk7. But, any compatibility fixes for jdk6 are
welcome!

--
Andrey Antukh - Андрей Антух - <n...@niwi.be>