>From an HTTP perspective, Immutant will behave similarly to Jetty - you
would need to use Nginx as a proxy.

Where Immutant differs from Jetty is when your application needs services
beyond the web: scheduled jobs, messaging, XA transactions,
etc. Immutant bundles those services and simplifies clustering them when
you need horizontal scalability.

If your clojure app just handles HTTP requests and doesn't need any of
the extra features provided by Immutant, then using Immutant won't give
you much more than Jetty.

Zeynel writes:

> Yes, this is helpful. I think this will be a good starting point for me
> once I read the references that you gave. I also heard about Immutant and
> I'm investigating it but do you think it may be helpful? I am not sure at
> this point exactly what it does. Thanks.
>
> On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:02:19 AM UTC-4, David Della Costa wrote:
>>
>> I have not done this specifically with Nginx but I suspect you probably
>> want something like what I set up with Apache + Jetty:
>>

>> https://github.com/ddellacosta/Clojure-under-Jetty-and-Apache#setting-up-jetty-with-apache-httpd
>>

>> That is, set up Nginx to act as a proxy for Jetty:
>>
>> http://nginx.org/en/docs/beginners_guide.html#proxy
>>
>> One difference with how I would do it these days (vs. what I wrote in
>> the piece above) is that I would probably simply push out an uberjar
>> with lein which I would run with Java via an init script--for example,
>> if using Ubuntu:
>>
>> http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/#run-a-java-application
>>
>> So, I would imagine the basic construction would be something like: ring
>> app w/jetty or http-kit, packaged as an uberjar (lein uberjar), then set
>> up to run via an init script (via upstart in your case) on an
>> alternative port, which is proxied by Nginx as in the link above.
>>
>> Hope this helps--
>>
>> DD
>>
>> (2013/12/17 21:44), Zeynel wrote:
>> > I've set up a home server with ubuntu and nginx and I can serve static
>> > pages. Now I want to add clojure but I am not sure what I need to do. I
>> > asked the same question in StackOverflow but for some reason it is voted
>> > to be
>> > closed:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20632987/how-to-serve-clojure-pages-with-nginx
>>

>> > Can you please direct me to documentation where I can read about this?
>> > Some issues that I don't understand are: how do I tell nginx that I am
>> > using clojure? Where do I install clojure, in the server? Where do I
>> > create the clojure files? Thanks.
>> >
>> > --
>> > --
>> > ---