Ok, I worked through the tutorial
referenced
http://clojure-doc.org/articles/tutorials/basic_web_development.html#build-and-run-it

and I created a jar file and ran it with $ java -jar -my-webapp.jar. This
works. But my understanding is that this is would not work for production.
I need to use nginx as proxy to jetty (or immutant?). I am trying to figure
out the correct configuration for jetty and nginx. Each tutorial appears to
be different and so far I couldn't make it work.