To be honest, I don't see any contradiction here. You can bring everything
back easily:

   1. Just take existing core.async channels as is
   2. Replace callback based take! and put! with promise based take! and
   put!
   3. That's it!

Instead (<! channel) (>! channel val) you do (<! (take! channel)) (<! (put
channel val)).
You can also provide some convenience macroses.

The whole point of this topic is that, it seems you often need just a go
block, but core.async always
wraps it with channels and unnecessary async guarantees.