Hi,

after two days of git bisecting and running my tests over and over again, I
give up.  While I can repeatedly identify the commit which causes the
biggest slowdown for me between the 1.5.1 tag and 1.6.0 RC1 I simply refuse
to believe that the result of my analysis is correct.

On 5045ac124e24ed1fe02be86cccca10f7f212a4dc everything is fine, on
96f5b5bdcae44ccc69e33d701e6188dc2570dadf things are slow.  And no, I am not
running into the exception.

I can only guess that there is some error on my side.  I do not think, the
slowdown I reported based upon this program should be no reason to delay
1.6.0. (Even though I'd still like to understand what's going on.)

Best,
stefan