Sean Corfield <s...@corfield.org> writes:

> Short, clear docstrings and well-structured code with well-named
> symbols short provide enough information for maintenance.

But, sadly, not enough documentation for use. The state of Clojure
survey brings up complaints about the documentation of clojure.core
every year.

Partly this because the documentation is not very good -- I still use
Clojuredocs regularly, even though it's rather rusting away being on
1.3.  I rarely read the documentation, just skip to the examples.

But, partly, it's because the documentation format is just too simple.
Javadoc, for example, is far better. And is Javadoc literate
programming? If it is, then the idea that "no one uses literate
programming" is wrong, if it is not, then literate programming is
irrelevant.

Even some simple documentation standards for Clojure, distinguishing
parameters, functions and so on would be a step forward. And it needs to
go into clojure.core so that tools support it.

Phil