> any language" ;)  However, choosing language wisely will allow you to
> concentrate on solving the 'real' problem at hand, and relieve you
> from solving unrelated problems (memory management, dealing with
> pointers, etc).  It will also simplify reasoning about your code.  I

​That is why I do not understand that (where I live) they think you can
only be a good programmer if you only program in one language.

They should listen to Bjarne Stroustrup:
We do not consider it possible to be a professional in the realm of
software,
even if you are not primarily a programmer,
without knowing more than one language.

Or Herbert Mayer:
No programming language is perfect.
There is not even a single best language;
there are only languages well suited or perhaps poorly suited for
particular purposes.

--
Cecil Westerhof