On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwester...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Sun, May 04, 2014 at 09:24:08AM +0200, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>> > I heard the stand that functional programming made it difficult to
>> > write secure programs. I do not know enough of functional
>> > programming yet to determine the value of a statement like this.
>> > What is the take here about it?
>>
>> It would be interesting to hear WHY functional programming would yield
>> less secure programs.  What would then be the paradigm that results in
>> most security?  Imperative, logical?
>

> Modular, the suggestion being that that could not be done in a functional
> language.

That is indeed an interesting statement.  I would LOVE to hear why use
of functional languages would prevent modularity.  Especially since so
many VERY knowledgeable people claim that functional programming
yields more composable software.  I'm having a hard time reconciling
that something can be composable but not modular.

/M

email: mag...@therning.org   jabber: mag...@therning.org