I would like to revisit this thread on 'killer-apps' for clojure. Hope you
don't mind.

For quite some time I have been trying  to teach myself to code. -even
before clojure was 'born'. (slow learner?...   probably)

I have read many books and spent many hours 'dinking' as my wife says.  I
find it very very interesting and fun.

MOOC's  and in particular Udacity.com  have wet my appetite for learning
again.

I am taking several courses and enjoying the interactive  format.  I am
even doing some screen-casting of the homework.

I enjoy following your community and have learned a lot.

I have installed emacs, light table, cider,org-mode, session, om -you name
and enjoy going the different tutorials.

I am really finding the simplicity of 'code as data' and 'immutability' to
be very helpful.

Anyway....   I may need to switch to decaf!   NAAh

Here it is:

A killer app for me and I think MANY others like me would be something very
similar to a Kovas' 'Session' 'pretty like Light Table'  and beefy like
IPythons Notebooks.

I see a great opportunity for clojure to provide a pathway to learning to
program the 'right way' from the start.  It seems you have all come to
clojure after realizing that yourself.

I can't help but think many of the current students just starting out are
going down the same path many of you did.

Lets teach people eager to learn using the best 'hand-tools' available.....
i told you i have been watching...

Anyway thanks for sharing all the cool stuff you folks do.

I would love to help any way I could....

Doug