If you'll follow James Reeves' recommendations (which you should), you
might want to have a look at System, a library that streamlines the process
of setting up components. This is the first step I take with any Clojure
project.

https://github.com/danielsz/system

Its sole dependencies are Components by Stuart Sierra and reloaded.repl by
James Reeves.