So, yes I agree - it is best to take something like this and see how it
works in concrete implementations before determining whether it is good
enough to subscribe to. In this case, there are actually two concrete
implementations - freactive and fx-clj (which I'll formally announce once I
get to update the docs). In my case, I actually thought of this abstraction
first - because I was trying to think of API would work equally well for
JavaFX as well as the DOM and other things. I wasn't even going to write
the DOM version (freactive) but then after using the existing reactive DOM
libs I found some things missing - especially in terms of easy, built-in
animation support which I needed for my projects.

So, let's see how this model works for people as they use it. Please keep
in mind that this is a very young library so this implementation is bound
to have its kinks. Thanks for all those who are patient enough to play with
it now and help improve it.