All,

Looks like I have some more research to do... A year or so ago I looked
into going the Python/PyPy route but it's PPC support had previously
stalled. I was intrigued by it's interpreter/tracing JIT structure.

It seems to me that there would be a huge win, similar to the Clojure/JVM,
ClojureScript/Javascript bump, for targeting Python. This would allow
Clojure to integrate with many libraries for devops, big data, scientific
and non-traditional IT communities. Pixie looks pretty nice - maybe that
will work. TBD.

I think I'd prefer to stay with the Clojure dialect rather than CL/others,
partly because I am used to Clojure and partly because one of my use cases
requires the same exact code running in an embedded system and in the
browser, e.g. don't want to maintain separate versions of key algorithms.

Herwig - I like your suggestion re: rclojure. That seems like a harder but
more fruitful approach than other porting options. Do you have any
references to this kind of approach in other languages?

Fergal - I agree, many IoT projects are targeting Javascript which could
obviously use ClojureScript. I've been looking at the duktape javascript
library (supported by the AllSeen Alliance) but have yet to try it out on
our target or running ClojureScript generated code. I will also look
at Elixir.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. If anyone is interested in taking this
topic offline so as not to spam this group with our corner case, let's use
Chris' chat as a point of contact (if he doesn't mind):

For those who missed his link, here it is:

https://gitter.im/clj-bots/chat

See you over there.

Alan

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:25 AM, adrians <nman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alan, have you looked at Clasp? I'm not sure if CL is something you like,
> but maybe it has potential for your application.
>
> https://github.com/drmeister/clasp
>

>  --
> Google Groups "Clojure" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/clojure/VhemHGGCcVY/unsubscribe.
> clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

*"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power, and magic in it. Begin it now."* - *Goethe*