Nick,

(There's a lot to understand about those benchmarks, and I haven't really
spent time with them, or wrk2, so feel free to ignore)

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:13 AM, Nick Pavlica <lini...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After looking at the numbers in the benchmark, I was a little disappointed
> to see that they were only serving 60K connections

I don't see that in those results.  There are definitely a lot of numbers
bigger than 60k here:
https://github.com/ptaoussanis/clojure-web-server-benchmarks/blob/master/results/60k-keepalive/20150217-13-18-table.txt
- and in the http-kit link you included.

> as compared to other solutions like Erlang which seem to be capable of
> 1-2+ million connections on similar hardware.

Do you have a reference for that outside of the video you linked?  I
haven't watched it, but the description mentions "tuning and patching the
BEAM emulator and FreeBSD kernel".

Take care,
Moe
"60k ought to be enough for anybody"