Hi Timothy & Moe,
  Thanks for your feedback!  I realize that we are speaking very generally
on this thread, and know that there are many ways to solve the complex
problems we face as developers.  I'm trying to understand the current know
limitations of using great tools like Clojure to solve the problems I'm
facing.  Clojure is bound by the JVM  which wasn't directly designed to
address high concurrency needs in the same way that Erlang/Go/etc. are.  My
experience with Java/JVM in the past was that it was more focused on raw
throughput, and less about high levels of concurrency.  I was hoping that
there were some good high concurrency solutions in place.  That's what
prompted my original question about the only benchmarks that I could find.
 If you have any additonal benchmarks, papers, etc., to share on this
subject, it would be great!

Timothy Wrote:
        "I'd investigate other tools (Netty?) before discounting an entire
platform"
         -  I'm open to any suggestions.  However, I believe that Aleph is
build on Netty.

         "I question why anyone would need 200k connections on a single
box, use AWS auto scaling"
         -  There are many reasons, but in my case I'm paying for each
server, and I have to maintain not only the ones that I need to get the
work done, but ones I need for redundancy etc.  There is a huge business
case for doing the same work on one server that  would otherwise take two
or three.  An AWS server equipped similarly to the one in the benchmark is
running about $1200/month, adding two more would obviously increase my
costs by $2400/month or $28,000/year.

Mo Wrote:
         "The github webserver benchmarks also contain many numbers above
200,000 qps, for a variety of other webservers - right?"
         - Yes, they are really great at throughput, but that's not
necessarily the primary metric that I'm looking for.  I'm trying to
determine if they are reliable and perform reasonably well with many
connections.  I realize that http-kit made a claim of 600K connections in
2013.  But I can't find any other supporting evidence that it can do that
reliably.  It also seems to have stagnated a bit as a project which is
unfortunate.

Thanks Again for your input and guidance!
-- Nick