I haven't watched the keynote so I look forward to that. I sure Rich's
arguments will convince me, as always!

In my case I am spec'ing rather complex and deeply nested structures. The
conformed values are changed all the way down. I have a bunch of functions
to interrogate these structures in useful ways, none of which I can use in
my specs. What would be recommended practice here?

In the slack channel someone mentioned a possible forthcoming version of
s/and that doesn't flow conformed values through. That sounds like it might
do the trick, and has the advantage of putting the decision with the spec
consumer.