Mark,
Yes, kioo now supports a transform called lifecycle that allows you attache
react lifecycle methods to any node.  I am putting together a sample app to
demonstrate it over the next few days.

In the mean time below is a working example of controlling focus and changing
input sate with om and kioo.  This is the original version of todomvc I wrote
for kioo.  It uses an older version of om but fixing that shouldn't be
difficult.

https://github.com/ckirkendall/todomvc/blob/gh-pages/labs/architecture-examples/kioo/src/todomvc/item.cljs