one glance at the re-frame wiki (searched for: reaction)

https://github.com/Day8/re-frame/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=reaction

and I realize now it's some form of pub-sub ... so I can guess the kind of
abstraction Mike built and if I'm guessing right it should provide more
control than cursors ... Will dig into it this week.