jberkus added a new comment to an issue you are following:
``
"Up until this point I would say that upgrading from one major release to the
next around "major release day" would have been a really rocky process that
isn't necessarily something that people would want to happen without knowing
what they were upgrading to beforehand."

Agreed, but if we're not supporting the older OSTree in any way, we've
effectively given users a very short time limit on when they need to
rebase/upgrade, with the possibility of being forced into it when the older
OSTree unexpectedly breaks because we're not testing it anymore, or if we're
not updating it, because a new security issue is announced.   Either way, we
*are* forcing users to upgrade on our timeline, not theirs.

"If we support "automatically going to the next major version" we either need
to combine the ostree repos into one repo or we need to support some sort of
automated "add remote + rebase" support in ostree/rpm-ostree. Can we resolve
what we would need to do about this particular issue? I prefer automated "add
remote + rebase", but that isn't something that exists today. "

I'm happy to let that issue be a technical decision; I think our users would be
OK either way.

EXCEPT, if you go for "automated add remote + rebase", then we need to solve
the issue that you can't roll back from that reliably.  Mind you, that's
something that we need to solve anyway.

``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/231