I'm about to embark on building a client-side javascript tool intended to help
with enwiki's [[WP:DYK]] process.  JS is not my strength (and what I do know
about tooling is quite outdated) so I'm looking for advice on what's in common
use in the WMF environment these days.  If I'm going to learn some new tools, I
figure I might as well learn what folks here are using.  If only because it'll
make it easier for me to mooch on other people for help :-)

As far as testing goes, I used to use JUnit.  I gather that's pretty old-hat by
now.  What are you-all using?

And for app frameworks.  Angular?  React?  I hear Vie might be the new hotness?
 I'm leaning more towards "easy to learn" vs "most powerful".