Vue.js is definitely a good option. I already had a lot of JavaScript
experience, but I learned Vue at someone's recommendation for a wikimedia
project and it was a great experience.

One quick tip that might help you: in the "old world" you might use jQuery
or something to do AJAX requests (XHR). However, in modern browsers, the
built-in `fetch` function is more than adequate for almost everything.

Also, I would highly recommend using create-vue to bootstrap your project,
because it sets up all the complicated JavaScript "compilation" steps for
you, and gives you commands so that you can just do "npm run build" and get
a static site in a single directory.

Good luck!
-Travis