On 2/14/2012 1:26 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
Well, CMakeConfigHelpers.cmake would be shipped with cmake, so as long as the
Config.cmake file says
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.8)
it would be fine.

...and we have to maintain compatibility in the module no matter what.
It is much easier if the config files are standalone.

(2) The content of a relocatable BarConfig.cmake should not depend on where
it happened to be installed when the package was built.

I don't see a real problem with this.
Actually it is a good thing if the Config.cmake file can detect whether it is
in the location where it should be according to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, e.g. to
ensure that the libraries are installed in the right location (so the builtin
RPATHs point to the right location).

Leaving remnants of the original build/install location is a no-no for
packagers.

How would that work if INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR is an absolute path ?
set(BAR_INCLUDE_DIRS "@INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR@")

Would the case that DATA_INSTALL_DIR and LIB_INSTALL_DIR point to completely
different locations be handled ?

See my discussion with Yuri in this thread.