I have pushed a branch (use-java-use-parse-arguments) to stage that converts add_jar to using cmake_parse_arguments. This partly revers the previous change to accept jars and jar targets as sources for 'linking'; these must now be explicitly specified with INCLUDE_JARS. Other named arguments are SOURCES (optional, to 'reset' to listing sources after 'INCLUDE_JARS'), OUTPUT_DIR, OUTPUT_NAME, VERSION and ENTRY_POINT. These supersede the old variables, which are still supported for backwards compatibility.

I'm on the fence if this should target 2.8.11. On the plus side, it means the historic behavior of ignoring jar files listed as sources will be preserved. On the down side, it is late in the cycle and this is a less trivial change.

If it does not go in, I will redo the change to preserve the behavior from the previous commits (i.e. jars and targets are accepted in the sources list).

--
Matthew
--- Begin Message --- I have pushed a branch (use-java-use-parse-arguments) to stage that converts add_jar to using cmake_parse_arguments. This partly revers the previous change to accept jars and jar targets as sources for 'linking'; these must now be explicitly specified with INCLUDE_JARS. Other named arguments are SOURCES (optional, to 'reset' to listing sources after 'INCLUDE_JARS'), OUTPUT_DIR, OUTPUT_NAME, VERSION and ENTRY_POINT. These supersede the old variables, which are still supported for backwards compatibility.

I'm on the fence if this should target 2.8.11. On the plus side, it means the historic behavior of ignoring jar files listed as sources will be preserved. On the down side, it is late in the cycle and this is a less trivial change.

If it does not go in, I will redo the change to preserve the behavior from the previous commits (i.e. jars and targets are accepted in the sources list).

--
Matthew

--- End Message ---