On Monday 25 March 2013 13:14:33 Brad King wrote:
> On 03/25/2013 12:28 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > these must now be explicitly specified with INCLUDE_JARS. Other named
> > arguments are SOURCES (optional, to 'reset' to listing sources after
> > 'INCLUDE_JARS'), OUTPUT_DIR, OUTPUT_NAME, VERSION and ENTRY_POINT. These
> > supersede the old variables, which are still supported for backwards
> > compatibility.
>
> That looks like a nicer interface to me.  Andreas, Nicholas, does it
> work for your use cases (and not break existing projects)?

Yes, that's true.

> > I'm on the fence if this should target 2.8.11. On the plus side, it
> > means the historic behavior of ignoring jar files listed as sources will
> > be preserved. On the down side, it is late in the cycle and this is a
> > less trivial change.
> >
> > If it does not go in, I will redo the change to preserve the behavior
> > from the previous commits (i.e. jars and targets are accepted in the
> > sources list).
>
> This is one reason I don't like rushing such changes in during the
> RC cycle.  Now we have to decide whether to rush an even bigger
> change in, revert the original, or have behavior that was preferred
> for exactly one release and have to support it forever.

I would prefer this change before we define/add more types of the function and
need to support more backward compatibility.

It is a pain now. But better than more pain later :)

        -- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                a...@cryptomilk.org