Steve Johns wrote:
Is this right-click procedure available in MS VS .NET 2003, do you know? If so, I'm not clear on where to find it.

Yes, it is. If you look at the Solution tab and select any target, such as ALL_BUILD, use the "+" to open the target. There is a "CMakeLists.txt" file listed. Right-clikc on that file and choose Build.

When I do this, I don't see "Build", but I do see "Compile".

Selecting "Compile" results in:

'Building Custom Rule <DIRNAME>.vcproj.cmake'

I think this is what was intended, yes? (our versions must differ slightly for some reason).

Yes, "Compile" is correct.  Sorry for the confusion.

-Brad