On 7/15/07, ope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To the CMake developers: Could we get some quick action on putting in such
> an explanatory sentence on the install and download websites? There should
> be no reason for users such as Manuel to be confused about where to get the
> Linux source.

I have trouble believing that Manuel didn't know Linux is a Unix.  The
far simpler explanation is he didn't read down to the bottom of the
list, and that a clearer separation of "Binaries" vs. "Source" would
have encouraged him to do so.

I have trouble believing that anyone who needs CMake for Linux on
something, doesn't know that Linux is a Unix already.  CMake is a
developer tool, and as such requires passing familiarity with OSes.  I
mean, how did such a person learn to unpack a .tar.gz on their
platform?  Generally you have to know your way around a command shell
to do that.  Or have Gnome and KDE really advanced the state of the
art to the point where everything is hidden?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every