Gonzalo Garramuño escreveu:

I honestly don't think it will take 10 more years for a tool to match the benefits of cmake with a better syntax. As I have said before, I think it is only 3 or so years away from happening.

What bugs me is the fact that cmake achieves like 90% of build system features that I'd consider important to have. Better scripting and autotools's configure parameters (--enable-debug, --without-something) is what I miss the most.

So, apart of forking, a build system that wants to be better than cmake should reimplement 90% of cmake's features, just to add those 10% missing?

Regards,
rod