Brandon Van Every wrote:

Exactly.  "Anything could happen" is a lot of fretting about nothing.

I am thinking a separate file would be the best approach for this. Something like CMakeOptions.cmake, it gets read in and adds command line options to cmake. It can include other options files from inside the project. This idea of a "pass" on the cmakefiles is going to be very hard technically. We can push the work to the developer of the cmakelist files. When you create a project, you can put the options that you want into a separate file(s).

-Bill