Ben Ratzlaff wrote:

I have not gotten the Cygwin CMake to work well (its been a year since
I last tried) with Visual Studio. I have to download the one from
cmake.org. Then I use the following commands from a shell script

The Cygwin CMake works well with cygwin tools. You need to use the native windows version of CMake for other tool chains.
#!/bin/tcsh -f
cmd /C "vcvars32.bat && cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" ."
cmd /C "vcvars32.bat && nmake"

"Unix Makefiles" works as well. I use gnu make from cygwin, (my compiled version from www.cmake.org/files/cygwin) and cl. I have created a .vcvars file in bash shell that sets up my env so that cl can work from the command line. I used to use nmake, but it does not support parallel builds.

-Bill