Hi,

Set the CC and CXX environment variables to cl, and install a GNU make for
windows, best one is IMO the one you get here:
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

Nice tip, thanks.  I've used msys a bit, but hadn't had occasion to
try out unxutils.  I'll take a closer look at first chance.  For years
I've gotten along quite nicely with cygwin.  Seems unxutils or msys
would be great to have on a pen drive.

unxutils are very, very outdated, don't use them. A much better alternative with a much more active community is available at

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/

These utils work very well using the native CLI provided by MS and you don't ever want to touch MSys again, which is unbelievable slow. Sure, MSys has other advantages (bash, you can use configure), but if you happen to write "ls", "cp", "mv" all the time in MS CLI then gnuwin32 is your choice. And they also ported other very useful tools like grep, sed, etc.

Regards,
Werner

--
Dr. Werner Smekal
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.iap.tuwien.ac.at/~smekal
phone: +43-(0)1-58801-13463 (office), +43-(0)1-58801-13469 (laboratory)
fax: +43-(0)1-58801-13499