I managed to find the ultimate cause of manual assignment using wx-config and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS. This is what I was trying to do originally, but never had a successful link. This is directly calling "wx-config" myself, and then attempting to pass the results to the linker call.

When I add them in my WxWidgets.cmake file, the various linker stuff goes in front of the objects. I guess, since it's a static build of wxWidgets, those libs are thrown away before I ever have a need for them. I've moved the INCLUDE command so that the inclusion occurs after the ADD_EXECUTABLE command is made, but I still can't get it to link, due to the .a files being strewn at the front of the line. If I were using a dynamic version of the libraries, it would probably work, but I don't want those dependencies, since we share our binaries with other labs.

Is there something I can do to rearrange the order these flags are added to the link step? Also, is there a way to get access to the actual line that will be sent to the linker? I hate for these to be sent to the compiler too, since there are quite a few.

Also, in case it makes a difference, this is Linux with gcc 4.1.2

Thanks again,

eric