On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Eric Torstenson wrote:
>  Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> > To see what is going on, check the FindwxWidgets.cmake file.  For example,
> > on my Debian testing system with CMake 2.4.8, that file is located at
> > /usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake.  There is a list of
> > components in that file such as base core adv, etc., but no richtext.  So I
> > suggest for cmake-2.4.8 you simply work around the problem for now by
> > editing that file to add the components you need.
> >
> > You could also try cmake 2.6.0 (currently RC8).  I notice for that
> > FindwxWidgets.cmake, the components approach is quite different so richtext
> > may just work.
> >
> > Alan
>
> That did the trick (editing the FindwxWidgets.cmake)
>
>  Thanks so much!
>
>  eric

Hello Eric,

I'm glad to here this worked. Now, I would like to understand the
problem, so that I can fix the FindwxWidgets module. Can you post
exactly what chages did you make to the FindwxWidgets (a diff patch
would be fine)?

1. In windows, it makes sense to add the richtext lib, because it
relies on it to find all possible libraries. I suppose that you added
it to the following line:

    FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa)

2. In linux/unix, I am returning what the `wx-config --libs <libs>`
returns. I believe that the problem you were having was due to a
parsing bug, which should be fixed in the latest version. However, the
above list wouldn't have helped. If the latest version still has the
bug, then let me know so that I can explore the issue further.

You can always find a latest version of the module for comparison at:

http://www.cmake.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake?root=CMake&view=markup

Thanks in advance for the report,
--Miguel