Hi All,

Sorry for the month of delay, but I've addressed Mike Jackson's concerns below and I think I'm close to having the HDF5 find module ready for submission.

I've tested it on a number of Unix and Linux systems, including desktops and clusters, but it would be helpful if someone with access to Windows or Mac systems could give it a try there and let me know what needs to be fixed.

There are two modules attached to this message: The FindHDF5.cmake module and an AdjustLibraryVariables.cmake module, which is essentially a copy of what the FindQt4 module does. It seems useful enough to incorporate into the CMake Modules, and I can maintain it if you need a maintainer.

How I addressed Mike Jackson's concerns is addressed in the module documentation at the top of the file, please let me know if anyone has any other concerns.

I'd love to hear any feedback that anyone may have. Once I have some feedback from Windows and Mac users, I'd like to get this put into the CMake distribution if possible.

Thanks,
--Will

James C. Sutherland wrote:
Out of curiosity, was a module ever submitted for this? I would love to have a copy ;-)

Specifically, I am interested in detecting statically linked libraries and the c++ library and header(s). I also would like to see a list of libraries like the "z" library for compression.

Utility executables like h5diff are also really useful for regression testing, so returning handles to those would be really great as well.

Thanks for your work on this!

James