With me it is not shortness of breath issue and has nothing to do with
lungs or the bronchial system.  My problem is restricted airflow
through the nasal passages, a condition that hits a lot of people,
especially men, in their 60s and 70s.  The reason I suspect Gleevec
might have something to do with it is that I didn't have the problem
before I went on Gleevec.  It may well be nothing more than
coincidence, given my age.  When people age, the turbinates (interior
bony structures inside the nose) enlarge and the muscles in the nose
weaken (as they do everywhere else when one ages).  This has the effect
of reducing the size of the nasal passages leading to breathing
problems and snoring.  My ENT Dr. postulated that the fluid retention
around the eyes from the Gleevec might result in some leakage into the
nasal passages when lying down at night, thereby exacerbating the
restriction.  Since I have not seen this symptom reported before, I
thought I'd ask on this forum if anyone else has encountered anything
like this.  My CML Dr., David Snyder at City of Hope, specializes in
CML and is one of the top experts in the field.  He has not heard of
nor seen this symptom, but he won't rule it out as a possibility.

Mike Burwen