I agree that Zofran is magic.  Unfortunately, it is prescription, and
it is expensive if you do not have drug insurance.  I recommend that
you try ginger first, as it has no known drug interactions or side
effects that I know of.  You can take it in any form: ginger tablets
(health food store), dried ginger powder (in the spice section of your
market), candied ginger, pickled ginger (Japanese market), ginger ale,
etc.  It's one of those cures your great-grandmother knew about that
somehow got lost in the onslaught of expensive prescription drugs.  It
is also terrific for sea-sickness and doesn't leave you drowsy like the
usual sea-sickness meds.

I too had nausea early on when I started taking Gleevec.  Then it
disappeared.  It is just now coming back after nearly 2 years on
Gleevec.  One of the cool things about ginger is that you can take it
BEFORE you get nauseous as a preventive, whereas you probably wouldn't
take Zofran or one of the other prescription meds until after the
nausea hits you.  For example, if you nortmally take Gleevec with
dinner, pop a ginger tablet an hour beforehand.

Good luck.

Mike Burwen

PS.  Although I KNOW nobody on Gleevec ever has a hangover, ginger is
good for that too.