Hello to all my friends and family. I hope everyone is enjoying the
summer season and their health as much as humanly possible. I still
read the posts every 2 or 3 days but I notice activity is still
considerably low compared to when I came on board in 2004.
I don't have much input anymore...for 2 years I was constantly glued
to the computer reading everything I could find about CML and this
group was my main page for info which I am so grateful for. I'm slowly
trying to wean myself from reading anymore as I guess I know all there
is to know...it's like reading the same book over and over but my
heart goes out to all the newbies...and to all of us oldies too so it
keeps me interested enough to keep reading the posts. I don't feel
like I can explain things to the newbies as well as some of the
others, so I just remain silent but you all are still in my thoughts
and prayers, and I still cry when a newbie joins or an older member is
struggling.
I still feel tremendously blest that if I had to get something, it was
CML and there was Gleevec to keep me alive....I want to live for my
family and when I say that I think of the song, The Dance, but I will
say this I have paid one hellava price and suffered to the point that
sometimes I just don't know if it's worth it. Gleevec has played havoc
with my life. I must say that the side effects are not near as severe
as in the first year and a half but they have never went away. It's
something about it, it just doesn't set well with my body. I still
have no appetite, it still makes me sick, my bones hurt, I get cramps
all over my body, my head hurts constantly, I'm nauseated and I am
taking other meds for all the side effects, of which dosages have been
increased over time. I literally force down what I eat just to take my
meds but I have no desire for food. And in spite of this, I am
starting to gain weight. My stomach stays bloated and it is such
misery. My daughter is 5 months pregnant and I look as pregnant as she
is. (By the way, the anticipation of being a grandmother has been the
best thing to happen in my life for quite a while; REALLY EXCITED!)
And as if the CML isn't enough to deal with, I'm also struggling with
COPD and menopause. I'm more terrified of the COPD now than I am the
CML and the menopause is really taking over my life.
Well, I stopped by to let everyone know I was thinking of them...and
to let you know I'm still a CML warrior, and really didn't mean to do
all this venting....sorry! I know things could be a lot worse, and I
still have a lot to be thankful for but it would be so nice to just
"feel good" every once in a while. The spring and summer I love so
much...and all winter, it's all I think about...and it is so hot and
humid here where I live
I can't get out much except around 7pm or later because I can't
breathe.
Keep the faith, Keep up the fight.....
Love, Peace, Hope & Prayers, Pat Reynolds