Excellent article thanks.   Tony.

  _____

From: CMLHope@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of ANGELYN ESDERS
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 7:25 AM
To: CMLHope@googlegroups.com
Subject: [CMLHope] Re: "hot" granite - N.B. benzene

I think that we are all in contact with benzene to some extent, whether we
realize it or not,

http://www.eco-usa.net/toxics/benzene.shtml

As some plants and some animals have a proclivity toward certain diseases or
a weakness in some area of their health, it is not unrealistic to believe
that humans do too. For example, one person's medicine may be deadly poison
to another person. We are all different and vulnerable to different things.
I remember reading a poll once that showed that a VERY high percentage of
CML sufferers had once been smokers. (A high source of benzene) This could
also apply to second hand smoke. Some of us can take it, and some cannot.
One tree will die from a blight, and the next tree can be impervious to it.
Benzene is also found in Javex bleach and hair colorants. Some may be
affected....some not.

Vivi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Not everyone with CML owns granite countertops although that is an
interesting news item. Benzene is also thought to cause leukemia but
not everyone is in contact with it, either. Like everyone else in our
tribe, I, too, tried to figure out what could have caused my CML and
the easiest thing to think of was that for four years, I lived about
twenty miles from Three Mile Island, just before the news of the
radiation leak there was reported. But really, who knows what
triggers this disease in any one of us? Vivi

</BLOCKQUOTE